Sausage Casserole Rice
Economical and nutritious, an ideal family dinner.
- 500g cold, cooked, Beef Sausages.
- 200g tomatoes, skinned and sliced.
- 2 level tblsps tomato ketchup.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped pepper and salt.
- 6 tblsps water.
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce.
- 100 grated cheddar cheese.
- Slice sausages into 1"chunks.
- Cook rice until tender and drain.
- Put tomatoes, water, ketchup and worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and boil.
- Add sausages, rice and eggs then stir in 75g cheese.
- Season to taste then transfer to a hot pot dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top then brown under hot grill.
Serve straight away.
Sausage in Parsley sauce
- Take one 400g pack of Farmer's Choice Spicy Beef Sausages.
- Cook in a little oil till golden brown. Turn off the heat and rest the sausages in the pan.
- Prepare your parsley sauce.
- Melt 4oz plain flour and mix well.
- Add a litre of milk into the flour and butter drop by drop and mix to avoid any lumps.
- Return to the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 2oz chopped parsley and bring back to heat.
- Pour contents onto the pan with sausages.
Add a little salt if required and serve.
- Take one packet of Value Pack Beef Sausages and fry for 6 minutes till golden brown.
- Add mustard and sweet chutney to the pan. Ensure that the sausages do not burn.
- Let the contents reduce till sticky and avoid burning.
- Remove and serve with rice.
- Sausages should be stored in the refrigerator immediately after purchasing. Cook them within two days of purchase or freeze them in the deep freezer.
- Use a non stick pan for best results when cooking. Spray on a light coat of oil if your pan is not non-stick
- Warm the pan up to a medium setting and never on high heat.
- The key to cooking sausages is to never push too much heat too quickly; a gentle even heat is the best cooking method. Maintain the low heat to avoid burning your sausages too quickly.